Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emsisoft Antimalware 7 comes with Bitdefender Engine
09-29-2012, 07:51 PM,
Emsisoft Antimalware 7 comes with Bitdefender Engine
Quote:Emsisoft, the Austrian anti-malware vendor has recently released v7 of their flag-ship product Emsisoft Antimalware. I have previously wrote a few articles on Emsisoft Anti-malware and Emsisoft Emergency Kit previously and so I won't again be writing on the same topic. I will just highlight the major changes in the software in the latest version.

Emsisoft has been the winner of many malware detection tests and according to them this is due to the use of three different security layers:
1) File guard consisting of a dual engine scanner.
2) Behavior blocker that is developed since 2003.
3) Surf protection which prevents users from accessing malicious websites.

The official list of changes in version 7 are the following:
  • Completely new second scan engine (B) for the dual engine scanner with even more efficient scans and a better detection rate according to Virus Bulletin.
  • Significantly less false alerts as they were usually caused by the old B engine.
  • Optimized malware cleaning making it possible to restore registry entries that were affected by malware.
  • Improved real-time protection performance through the use of advanced caching. A new options interface offers individual settings depending on the computer's speed.
  • New surf protection database added with hourly updates for Malware, Phishing and Privacy Risk hosts.
  • Faster online updates via small incremental downloads. Updates are ready for use without delay, closing even the smallest window of opportunity for zero-day malware.
See more
http://www.insightsintechnology.com/2012...-with.html
Like Post Reply